Saw this from a friend who blames Fox News for everyone thinking Obama is a big spender.
I'd venture to say that most of those 54% don't understand the difference between a budget deficit and the national debt, and that most of those, and maybe a lot of the other 46% think that the president, rather than Congress, determine the budget. In fact, unless the same party holds both the House and the Senate, the process goes like this: the president proposes a budget. One or both houses of Congress laugh at him and then fight among themselves to decide what the budget will actually be.
And how about the 27% who had no clue, but at least were honest enough to admit it. Those are probably mostly the "undecided" voters who actually make all of the important electoral decisions that run our country. If I'm right in that bit of speculation, it's kind of frightening, isn't it?